Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Top Albums of 2008: #8 No Age -- Nouns

Photobucket

No Age -- Nouns

I was hesitant to add this album to my list as I was not entirely convinced that it was truly a great record. But I've listened to it on and on for the past few months and I've come around -- blogs be damned, it's a really good record. Loud and noisy and poppy and awesome. I love the song "Things I Did When I Was Dead".

Honorable Mentions:
Photobucket

Kid Cudi -- A Kid Named Cudi
This oft-brilliant mixtape shows some glaring promise. Cudi's approach is different than any of other emcee out now. Plus he's from Cleveland. No one's from Cleveland...The song he does with Wale is amazing.


Photobucket
Born Ruffians -- Red, Yellow and Blue
These guys are like Tokyo Police Club -- but a shit load better. It's a poppy, dancey effort with some generally great rock tunes. If it didn't taper off towards the end it would have placed very highly in my list...but alas, there's some filler. But it's a debut, so they have a long ways to go.

No comments: