Thursday, September 4, 2008

Favorite Album 1994: Cheshire Cat -- blink-182

Photobucket

It was hard choosing an album for this year, since there were so many amazing ones. However, I settled on the first blink record as being my favorite of '94. To me, it showcases their pop sensibilities that I adored so much in such a raw way. It's a blueprint for the kind of music they would eventually make, and the songs here are as catchy and clever as anything they've ever made. It's not my favorite album of theirs, and it's far from the best album released in '94. But it's definitely my favorite. So there.

Key Tracks: "Carousel", "M+M's", "Does My Breath Smell?", "Football Boy"

Honorable mentions for '94: There's Nothing Wrong with Love by Built to Spill, Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain by Pavement, Weezer ("Blue Album"), by Weezer, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik by Outkast, Illmatic by Nas, Dookie by Green Day, and a shit load more.

Next week: 1995
Hint: A total cliche

No comments: