Monday, August 25, 2008

RIP Jerry Finn

I'm late with this, as well, but I need to pay respects to a man who had a large hand in my musical upbringing. After suffering a cerebral hemorrhage in July 2008, Jerry Finn was taken off life support on August 9, 2008 after never regaining consciousness. Finn died August 21, 2008. At the time of his hemorrhage, he had just finished producing Morrissey's new record.

He helped open up many musical doors during my adolescence, and I remember reading the booklet of every CD I was buying and seeing his name somewhere. Whether it was producing, mixing, engineering, all of the above, or just being given a shout out from the band, Jerry's name was literally everywhere during my early teens. He had a helping hand in so many albums from my favorite bands, including Rancid, Smoking Popes, The Living End, Fenix*TX, Green Day, MxPx, Sum 41, Sparta, The Vandals, AFI, Bad Religion, The Offspring, Tiger Army, and of course, all of the amazing work he did with blink-182, (+44) and Boxcar Racer.

He will be missed. RIP.

No comments: